Mar 24, 2011

Injured skipper Fabregas targets Rovers tie

share on facebook

Cesc Fabregas is hopeful he will be able to overcome his latest fitness problem and return to the Arsenal side for their home game against Blackburn Rovers after the international break.


Fabregas suffered a hamstring injury in the Champions League defeat at Barcelona at the start of March and has missed the FA Cup quarter-final defeat to Manchester United and Saturday's disappointing 2-2 draw against West Brom in the Premier League.


However, the midfielder, who has had persistent injury problems this season, has started running again and now hopes to return to captain Arsene Wenger's team.


"My injury is getting better," Fabregas said in a video broadcast for his Twitter followers. "I started running on Monday and everything is getting better.


"I needed time, because it has been a weird season for me with injuries and I just want to make it right. I want to come back stronger than ever and hopefully fitter than ever so it won't happen again. Hopefully you will see me play against Blackburn if I am fit."


Meanwhile, Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner suffered an ankle injury in training with Denmark on Wednesday and required an ice pack. It is not known how serious the problem is.


source



0 comments:

Post a Comment