Mar 24, 2011

Rafa Benitez Wants ‘Dream’ Return to Liverpool

share on facebook

Former Anfield boss would love a return but rules out taking over at Old Trafford or Goodison Park.


Former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez says it would be a ‘dream’ to return to the club in the future. The Spaniard was replaced last summer by Roy Hodgson but is currently out of work following his sacking by Inter Milan after just six months. The 50-year-old is still a legend at Anfield after winning the Champions League and FA Cup in his six years in charge.


Benitez is full of praise for the job caretaker-boss, Kenny Dalglish, is currently doing but admits he would love a chance to return to the Kop. ”I am really proud of being the manager of Liverpool Football Club and I would like to come back in the future,” Benitez told Sky Sports.


”You never know [when] because Kenny is doing a really good job. It’s a question of time. You never know in the future. It would be a dream. I would be really pleased to come back in the future.” Benitez did confess he would never manage Liverpool’s fiercest rivals Manchester United or Everton but he will consider other jobs in England.


”Fans in Liverpool know the teams I would not go [to] but I think these clubs wouldn’t offer me a job,” he added. ”I’m a professional but obviously some clubs I would not go to, especially the big rivals of Liverpool. I won’t say the names, but it’s not difficult!”


source



0 comments:

Post a Comment