Mar 24, 2011

Jonny Evans tells Stuart Holden he had no intention of hurting him

share on facebook

Manchester United defender Jonny Evans admits his tackle on Stuart Holden was not a good one but has stressed that he had no intention of hurting the Bolton midfielder. Holden required 26 stitches in a gash in his knee following the challenge during Saturday's Barclays Premier League match at Old Trafford, for which Evans was sent off. Evans above: The United defender was shown a straight red card The injury is expected to keep United States international Holden, who has since undergone surgery, out of action for six months, but the 25-year-old has already said via his Twitter account that he does not blame Evans for what happened. Holden also revealed that he had received a 'sincere' phone call from the Northern Ireland international, and Evans told BBC Sport: 'I just said (to Holden) I was sorry, and that I didn't mean to go in and hurt him.' Down and out: Holden faces six months on the sidelines He added: 'At the time I did think I'd gone in for a fair challenge and I'd won the ball. 'But looking back on it when I went straight off the pitch and into the changing rooms and saw the tackle again, I realised it wasn't a good tackle from myself - and my concerns were immediately with Stuart. 'Bolton's doctor was keeping me informed, and gave me a call on Monday. 'It was disappointing to hear the news, (so) I just rang him straight away to apologise. 'I think anyone appreciates a phone call if someone's caused them an injury. 'Not many footballers like to be on the treatment table, it's just unfortunate that someone else has caused an injury to you.'  Evans apologises to Holden as Bolton midfielder faces six months outBolton forgive Evans for horror tackle that hits Holden's semi-final hopesMan United 1 Bolton 0: Has Berbatov's late goal won the title for Ferguson?Bolton FC news, features and opinion  Explore more:Places: Northern Ireland


source



0 comments:

Post a Comment