Mar 23, 2011

Levein eyes historic win against Brazil

share on facebook

Scotland head coach Craig Levein is targeting a first-ever victory for the national side against Brazil in Sunday's friendly.


The game at Arsenal's Emirates Stadium will be the 10th meeting between the nations, with Brazil boasting seven wins, while there have been two draws.


"Our intention is to go out and win the game," Levein told BBC Scotland.


"We've been setting milestones and I take great encouragement from our recent performance against Spain."


Scotland lost 3-2 to the world champions Spain at Hampden in October but have kept two clean sheets in recent back-to-back 3-0 victories over Faroe Islands and Northern Ireland.

Our intention is to go out and win the game

Brazil's squad includes Inter Milan's Lucio and Maicon along with David Luiz of Chelsea and Barcelona's Daniel Alves.


Meanwhile, Levein has denied lifting a ban on alcohol at the team's Spanish training camp.


"That's not what I said," remarked Levein. "What I said was that the players had an opportunity to relax.


"I'm in a position with this group of players where there is mutual trust. I didn't mention alcohol at all.


"I've got to trust that these are professional athletes who know how to look after themselves.


"And I've not had any situations to concern myself with."


View the original article here



0 comments:

Post a Comment