Mar 24, 2011

Saha - Season is over

share on facebook


The Frenchman damaged his ankle during the Toffees' 2-1 victory over former employers Fulham on Saturday, forcing him to be stretchered from the field. It was hoped that the problem was not as bad as first feared, allowing Saha to return to the first-team fold in the near future.


However, it now appears that the 32-year-old will be sidelined until at least the summer. Saha has admitted as much, revealing that he is not expecting to feature again until the 2011/12 campaign gets underway.


"I'm on crutches, I am not well," he said in the Liverpool Daily Post.


"Am I going to be out for days, weeks or months? I do not know, but it will be difficult to play again by the end of the season. I'm getting fed up because the injuries always happen when I am trying to start something. I am someone who always tries to think positively. If I thought about these problems all the time, it would drive me crazy."


Saha has already spent two months on the treatment table this season, with a calf injury picked up while away on international duty in September keeping him out of action. He admits he is growing frustrated at the regular setbacks, with niggling knocks having followed him around.


Saha added: "This year was very frustrating. I did all the physical preparation, and I hurt myself in the process. For a footballer, there's nothing harder. Then I come back well in January and now this new injury happens. It's difficult mentally, and that's what makes me proud. Not everyone can come back as I did every time. I still have a lot to give. There were many moments where I wanted to drop everything, especially when I was at Manchester United. Fortunately I am surrounded by people that help me see the bright side of life because at one time, I was fed up."


source



0 comments:

Post a Comment