Mar 24, 2011

Van der Sar rules out Ajax return

share on facebook

Edwin van der Sar has ruled out a return to Ajax after he retires, revealing he plans to stay at Manchester United in a non-playing role.


The 40-year-old goalkeeper will quit at the end of the season, but told Dutch magazine Life After Football he will not be making good on a 12-year-old pledge to return to Amsterdam just yet.


"It may be that I'm going to give Manchester United clinics in Asia, where the club is very popular, or something in commerce," he added. "I think this is interesting. I have already held some talks."


He added: "I'm not going back to Amsterdam, though it would be very comfortable there with (former team-mates) Frank de Boer, Danny Blind and Dennis Bergkamp.


"When I left 12 years ago, I said I would return, but I did not know then what great years I would have with Manchester United.


"I might occasionally visit training with them, but I will not be going regularly."


source



0 comments:

Post a Comment