Mar 23, 2011

Torres expects goals to come

share on facebook

23 Mar 2011 - 09:00:14

Chelsea striker Fernando Torres believes "the goals will soon come" as he bids to break his scoring duck for his new team.

The Spaniard has failed to find the target in seven appearances since joining Carlo Ancelotti's side in a £50million deal from Liverpool on transfer deadline day. Torres has this week joined up with his national side ahead of Spain's Euro 2012 qualifier against Czech Republic on Friday, but he insists his domestic concerns will not weigh heavily on his mind while on international duty.

"I am not anxious about the fact that I haven't scored my first goal for Chelsea," Torres said while on a visit to his home town of Fuenlabrada near Madrid.

"This is an issue for the papers, not for me. I am confident that the goals will soon come, but it is more important that Chelsea win than I score."


View the original article here



0 comments:

Post a Comment